Sunday, 19 February 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Special Guest Georgia Giguere


Hi Stampin' Friends

Welcome and Thanks for joining us today The Crazy Crafters are so blessed to hop with many International Superstars on a regular basis and today is no exception.  We are very excited to welcome along to our hop today special guest Georgia Giguere of


Georgia has been a demonstrator for many years and is a Top 100 Global Achiever .. AMAZING!! - I really love her style motto "My style is what I like to call, "simple yet stellar".  That simply means I like it to look like I fussed, but I really didn't!"

I was inspired by this card of Georgia's .. she has also made a VIDEO of it entitled
"Easiest Watercolor Technique Ever!


I don't do alot of water colouring so this was a real step out of my comfort zone.
I think I was initially drawn to the red leaves, however as you can see below my card turned out somewhat different. 


I double stamped the maple leaf first in Smoky Slate followed by Basic Black Archival and Smoky Slate with Pink Pirouette, each time the stamp is slightly offset from the previous .. I used the aqua painter and moved some of the ink around and then hit it with the heat tool ... I really wasn't keen on it initially and procrastinated if I liked it or not .. after walking away for awhile to tend to some other things I came back and continued on adding the sentiment and Basic Black Layer on a Pink Pirouette Base.  Its growing on me!
I do hope you like the card I created today and you find great inspiration as you hop around the list of participating Crazy Crafters below.

To re-create this card you will need
Vintage Leaves Stamp Set (Photopolymer 138802)
Cottage Garden Stamp Set for the Sentiment however you could use any sentiment to suit your needs
Watercolor Paper (122959) Aqua Painters (103954) Heat Tool (129056)
Cardstock - Basic Black, Pink Pirouette

Thank you again for taking the time to join us on our hop today
Happy Crafting
Nicole x

14 comments :

  1. Love this Nicole, the colour combination looks divine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nicole. I love these colours. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Stunning! I love the double stamping technique you have used in this card- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Nicole! I love the contrast of the colours, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CASE Nicole - love the leaves awesome card. Ange xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CASE Nicole....Love the vintage leaves bundle....and your colours work really well together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Nicole. Such a complimentary CASE. Love the colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty - love your colours...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love LOVE your card Nicole - the colour combination is gorgeous, the pink gives a real softness to the card and compliments the bold leaves beautifully, great case! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great case! Love the colours & ethereal look - like skeleton leaves almost!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love the double stamping effect! Lovely Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card love the colours and the double stamping technique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the CASE Nicole and your colour choices. Great shadowing too x

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10