Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Aim For Alaska Blog Hop - Theme - Inspired By Alaska!


Hi Stampin' Friends

So happy you could join us today .. I am in a special themed hop today for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who are in a training program "Aim for Alaska" the brainchild of #1 Australian Demonstrator Kylie Bertucci.

The program aims to provide training, inspiration & tasks focused to push you out of your comfort zone to aim higher and reach out for your goals it includes many opportunities to listen to amazing demonstrators from around the world.

If you would like to sign up for this amazing program CLICK HERE

So onto the hop & my card .. today our theme is Inspired By Alaska! maybe the 
colours, the nature, the animals - whatever you want to take from Alaska.

All I could think of was polar bears, ice & cold weather so I asked my friend Mr Google for a bit more help!  I was totally bedazzled by the colours of the "Northern Lights" (Aurora Borealis).



I've tried to capture the colour of the Northern Lights in my card with some watercolouring.  Now I'm no master of watercolour by any means in fact I can count on 1 hand how many times I've actually watercoloured!  I've used ink direct to watercolour paper and blended with an aqua painter.  Once it was dry I stamped the trees from Lovely as a Tree in Garden Green, the final embellishment touch was the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.

I hope you are inspired by my card and take the time to leave a comment as well as continue on the hop to see what everyone else has created!

Thanks again for stopping by
Happy Crafting
Nicole x 

18 comments :

  1. Beautiful Nicole, I LOVE the colours you have used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolouring Nicole! Beautiful background and the Softly Falling embossing folder is the perfect touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Nicole and those colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are amazing, love your card - Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The embossing adds the perfect final touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Nicole! What a great take on the theme. You are a brilliant team member and I'm so grateful to have your support in so many areas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole what a gorgeous card - you've captured the theme perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Those colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love that you also added the dry emboss..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning!! the softly falling adds so much to the card ( wish I had thought of it :) ) I love the colours you chose. Fantastic card Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning take on the northern lights Nicole! love your card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a perfect Alaskan creation, Nicole. I hope you get to see your creation in real life. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nicole, I like your card very much. A cute idea. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10